Director of Client Services Job Description:
We change the way Canadians navigate and access healthcare. Medical Confidence, a CloudMD company is Canada’s first and only company to dramatically reduce patient wait-times in the public healthcare system; reducing the time from when their primary care practitioner refers them to a specialist by 220 days, and reduced the recovery time from treatment by 180 days.
Our clients include insurance carriers such as Manulife, RBC Insurance, Sun Life, etc. and employers. We help their plan members and employees, who are frustrated (and whose health is often endangered) by unacceptably long wait times to see specialists, and more time from specialist to treatment, return to work sooner because of our intervention.
We are currently looking for the right individual to be the company’s director of client services supporting our Canadian disability insurance clients.
Are you ready to join Medical Confidence and continue to better serve the healthcare needs of Canadians?
Your role as director of client services is to be the primary point of contact and build long term relationships with our clients. Besides building long term relationships with clients, you must be able to understand the needs and goals of our clients, and use that to improve our service to them and introduce additional company products and services.
You’re experienced in disability or automotive insurance claims, an exceptional communicator and fast learner, and experienced in managing client relationships. You’re looking to join an organization focused on delighting our clients and market expansion through growth. Reporting to our president you have the confidence to build and grow long term business partnerships across our clients and the CloudMD companies.
Your role in Delighting Our Clients and Market Expansion,
- Maintain strong relationships within the account across Disability Claims Specialists, Consultants, Nurses, Trainers, Managers, Directors and Supplier Management so you can influence and negotiate with multiple client contacts across multiple levels
- Plan and present reports on account(s) progress, goals, and monthly initiatives to share with client stakeholders and internal team members, stakeholders, and possible use in future case studies or company training.
- Understand clients’ business and needs
- Complete account planning
- Assess strengths, weaknesses and unique advantages
- Recognize threats and develop plan to deal with them
- Complete organizational structure of account
- Develop networking strategy of account – to create alliances across the account
- Develop short and long-term goals
- Develop and implement initiatives to increase customer satisfaction and retention
- Ensure the company is aware of all competitive activities within accounts and preventing attrition.
- Forecasting monthly business goals and develop solutions to quickly address any shortfalls
- Maximize the company’s profit by upselling or cross-selling within account(s)
- Work with managers and team members from other departments dedicated to the same account(s) to ensure the highest quality of services are being delivered and all sales needs met.
- Continuous quality improvement with a focus on identifying problems and working collaboratively with the Director of Operations to implement solutions
- Coordinate and deliver on-going training sessions for each client’s claims personnel and management
- Meet all account(s) needs and deliverables according to proposed timelines
If you are,
- an experienced disability or automotive insurance claims manager (5+ years).
- well known, with a good reputation based on established relationships within claims insurance.
- have a penchant for client service; are notorious for building strong relationships.
- inherently assessing the investment of your time versus return and acting accordingly.
- a master of providing value while successfully looking for new opportunities to expand services within the account.
- noted for your honesty, integrity and trust.
- have strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- accountable and take the initiative.
- an excellent communicator, both verbal and written; must be a listener, a presenter, and a people-person.
- a strong negotiator, with the ability to successfully overcome objections.
Team Medical Confidence Perks:
Did we forget to mention all of the Team Medical Confidence perks? We’re fast-paced and rapidly growing. Our team is full of talented and motivated individuals who enjoy coming into work. But these awesome perks help just a little too:
- Competitive compensation, bonus potential and vacation time.
- Summer hours. Want to take advantage of the beautiful summer weather? No problem, we offer flex-time in the summer so that you work to take a ½ day on Friday’s (June – August).
- Never working on your birthday again! Hit the beach or the spa, we don’t care what you do, just don’t come to work!
What can we say? From team building events and happy hours to annual team trips, we like to work hard and play hard!
Our Values and Culture:
Forget the traditional corporate culture. We created something entirely different! Have a question? Have an emergency? Having a bad day? At Team Medical Confidence we’re all family and here to support you however we can!
Medical Confidence values and ethics are the guiding principles and code of conduct that our employees live by and our company will grow by:
Proximity – Our company structure is in an inverted pyramid and our management style promotes simple and direct relationships between everyone. The best ideas are going to be from the people who spend the most time with our customers. It’s important for you to know that your opinion is just as much valued as the President’s.
Work with Purpose – Passion is not enough – it’s not just what you do. It’s about wanting to make a difference and do for others – to help, to give, to serve. It’s the legacy you are going to leave behind. It’s about how you chose to do it – going beyond, and doing what is needed for our clients’ success.
Respect – Everyone has talents – respect your uniqueness and develop your talents to the max. Have zero tolerance for gossip. Just like a family, there are issues that come up, and you’ve got to be comfortable in communicating those issues directly with the people you have the issue with.
Empowerment with a sense of urgency: Everyone is encouraged to bring his or her ideas and take the initiative. When you decide on the direction you’re going, move quickly.
Display Bias for Action – Don’t expect to come in and sit waiting for everybody to bring everything to you. You get what you put in.
Assume Positive Intent – It’s hard to grow as a person if, when you’re getting feedback – you don’t assume the person who’s providing the feedback has a positive intent.
No Brilliant Jerks – You may be the smartest person in the world, but if you don’t play well with the rest of the team, it doesn’t work.
Pursue Growth and Learning – We encourage self-improvement professionally, personally and physically. Something you’ve always wanted to learn? We offer annual professional and personal development opportunities and you get to choose!
Have Fun – Celebrate everything: birthdays, client wins, overcoming personal obstacles, patient success stories, achieving goals.
- This position is full time.
- Language: English (Required), French (an asset)
- Work remotely with some travel once COVID restrictions removed
Help us learn more about you by completing ALL of the following
- Compose and send us a one-page cover letter, which includes your achievements and recommendations on how you will improve our client relationships and grow our business within these accounts
- Provide us your recommendations on how you can help develop our sales within group benefits.
- Send all this to email@example.com