Who we are
We change the way Canadians navigate and access medical care. Medical Confidence is Canada’s first and only company to dramatically reduce patient wait-times in the public healthcare system; reducing the time from when their family doctor refers them to a specialist by 220 days, and reduced the recovery time from treatment back to work by 180 days.
Our clients include insurance carriers such as Manulife, RBC Insurance, Sun Life, etc. and employers. As part of group benefits we help their plan members and employees, who are frustrated (and whose health is often endangered) by unacceptably long wait times to see specialists, and more time from specialist to treatment, return to work sooner because of our intervention.
Are you ready to join Medical Confidence and continue to better serve the healthcare needs of Canadians?
About the role
Your role as a Sales Executive you will run the full-sales cycle to help us scale revenue and build our market leadership position. As a member of our leadership team, you will work closely with the Director of Client Services, Director of Operations and Chief Technology and President. As a member of the leadership team you will be responsible for initiation, development, qualification and closure of sales leads.
You are a seasoned sales executive, an exceptional communicator and fast learner, and you’re ready to join an organization focused on market expansion through growth. Reporting to the President you have the confidence to think strategically about developing and executing winning strategies to drive the pipeline and close high-value transactions.
Your Role in Our Expansion and Growth
- Attract target customers and hit an ambitious five year growth target.
- Establish trusted relationships with distribution partners.
- Generate leads, advance opportunities and close new business.
- Ability to meet or exceed quarterly sales quotas and/or revenue targets.
- Monthly forecast (e.g. quarterly targets and annual quotas).
- Develop and qualify new leads through prospecting and meetings to understand business needs.
- Leverage key messaging to ensure market fit and adoption by potential clients.
- Work collaboratively with President and legal counsel on pricing and contract requirements.
- Create proposals, negotiate and close contracts.
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet targets.
- Engage in renewal of contracts.
If you are,
- an experienced seller of group benefit products direct (5+ years), through advisors or insurers ideally in the healthcare industry.
- well known, with a good reputation based on established relationships within the Advisor and HR Leaders community.
- infamous for meeting or exceeding annual sales targets, delivering sales results of $1 – $2 M in revenue per year of complex sales results.
- have a penchant for accurate forecasting; are notorious for building strong sales pipelines.
- inherently assessing the investment of your time versus return and acting accordingly.
- a master of providing value while successfully qualifying the sales lead.
- able to identify quota shortfalls early and develop solutions and implement quickly to address them.
- noted for your honesty, integrity and trust.
- have strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- accountable and take the initiative.
- an excellent communicator, both verbal and written; must be a listener, a presenter, and a people-person.
- a strong negotiator, with the ability to successfully overcome objections.
Team Medical Confidence Perks:
Did we forget to mention all of the Team Medical Confidence perks? We’re fast-paced and rapidly growing. Our small but mighty team is full of talented and motivated individuals who enjoy coming into work. But these awesome perks help just a little too:
- Competitive compensation, bonus potential and vacation time.
- Summer hours. Want to take advantage of the beautiful summer weather? No problem, we offer flex-time in the summer so that you work to take a ½ day on Friday’s (June – August).
- Never working on your birthday again! Hit the beach or the spa, we don’t care what you do, just don’t come to work!
What can we say? From team building events and happy hours to annual team trips, we like to work hard and play hard!
Our Values and Culture:
Forget the traditional corporate culture. We created something entirely different! Have a question? Have an emergency? Having a bad day? At Team Medical Confidence we’re all family and here to support you however we can!
Medical Confidence values and ethics are the guiding principles and code of conduct that our employees live by and our company will grow by:
Proximity – Our company structure is in an inverted pyramid and our management style promotes simple and direct relationships between everyone. The best ideas are going to be from the people who spend the most time with our customers. It’s important for you to know that your opinion is just as much valued as the President’s.
Work with Purpose – Passion is not enough – it’s not just what you do. It’s about wanting to make a difference and do for others – to help, to give, to serve. It’s the legacy you are going to leave behind. It’s about how you chose to do it – going beyond, and doing what is needed for our clients’ success.
Respect – Everyone has talents – respect your uniqueness and develop your talents to the max. Have zero tolerance for gossip. Just like a family, there are issues that come up, and you’ve got to be comfortable in communicating those issues directly with the people you have the issue with.
Empowerment with a sense of urgency: Everyone is encouraged to bring his or her ideas and take the initiative. When you decide on the direction you’re going, move quickly.
Display Bias for Action – Don’t expect to come in and sit waiting for everybody to bring everything to you. You get what you put in.
Assume Positive Intent – It’s hard to grow as a person if, when you’re getting feedback – you don’t assume the person who’s providing the feedback has a positive intent.
No Brilliant Jerks – You may be the smartest person in the world, but if you don’t play well with the rest of the team, it doesn’t work.
Pursue Growth and Learning – We encourage self-improvement professionally, personally and physically. Something you’ve always wanted to learn? We offer annual professional and personal development opportunities and you get to choose!
Have Fun – Celebrate everything: birthdays, client wins, overcoming personal obstacles, patient success stories, achieving goals.
- This position is full time.
- Language: English (Required), French (an asset)
- Work remotely
Help us learn more about you by completing ALL of the following
- Compose and send us a one page cover letter, which includes your historical sales achievements against your targets/quotas and a current resume.
- Provide us your recommendations on how you can help develop our sales within group benefits.
- Send all this to email@example.com